Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    winter is around the corner Tomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aromazing - eCommerce Fragrance Store

Hello guys,

After so long, I finally opened my first eCommerce store. It's called Aromazing, a little word play. :P

Anyway any and all feedback is humbly welcome! Plus, if you're looking for a new fragrance, go right ahead.

http://www.aromazing.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tomer; Jul 6, 2007 at 08:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure about the green/purple mix. Looking at it once I like it then again and it seems conflicting. I can't decide if I like the colours. Other than that, it's fairly clean and clear.

Easy to use, nice product views too
    Dave McNally
    Freelance Digital Illustrator & 3D Artist
    Vertexity.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words. Yeah the color mixture is a bit tricky, but seems to be doing well cause business is good. :P

- Tomer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color scheme is OK, but the background is too strong and distracting. I'd prefer a subtle one like this.

"Click here for advanced search" is not clickable (in Firefox at least).

Other than that, it's a nice site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the design looks fantastic. Shame about all those tables though... took A while to load, and the loading of it wasn't too elegant. I would reccommend recoding the template in css. It would really do it justice. It will be heaps quicker and will load much more elegantly.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks pretty good, i think i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speed should be better now, there was a small error in the CSS that made it slow.

@ WebDesignGold - Great tips! I changed it to the gray sides and I love the change! You really know your designs. :P

Thanks everyone, this feedback is really helpin.

- Tomer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really like the colors. I think they're appropriate for the product and audience.

The problem I see is in the main graphic. Some artifacting is visible, likely because of over-compresion. I think that image needs to be resaved at higher quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the colours!

Good job. the colours and imagery are right on the money. This site flows well and it is very clear.

I like the placement of the Account and help tabs.

You might consider moving away from tables in your second rev as it will speed up the browsing experience.
    Cheers!
    doug-o
    Defender was the best game EVER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah CSS will probably improve the speed, which is kinda slow.

Thanks for all the comments.

- Tomer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's absolutely great! The only gripes I have are the drop shadow behind the vertical tab at the left of the big picture area and the image quality. I see a lot of artifacts. Try saving your images at a higher quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Everything looks great... The colors don't mix well because there is a big contrast between them but the way you used them it works just great!!! The one thing I saw on the site that in my opinion I really think you should change is the view product info button under the polo sport on the home page. It is an image with a yellowish background, it breaks away from the consistent colors and design, it just seems like it really doesn't fit into the whole color scheme and layout of the website. Other than that..... Good job!!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot!

- Tomer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I've already picked out some things I want.

I think the green works great with your logo. I would increase the quality of the large center image though. The 'glamorous' appeal doesn't mix well with low quality.

SitePoint Zealot kimberlybarryd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good to me. The tables gotta go though.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I like the improvements since your initial set up, the colours are really nice.
    I have been looking at this over the weekend.
    1. I would definitely ditch the tables.
    2. If you zoom up the text size the site tends to fall apart quite quickly in Firefox, and in Safari the bottom navigation bar moves position.
    3. If you take the styling off in Firefox the navigation is quite difficult to find it would be better if it came first.
    4. The images that enlarge, remain the same size when you click on them to enlarge.
    5. In the alphabetical side navigation it would be nice if the textural links underlined when you scroll over.

I hope these comments are useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll add those fixes to my "list" of to-do's.

- Tomer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the colour mix is quite good.

My first reaction was to scroll down and see what other products were on offer. Maybe you could add a few more products with specials, it may be a bit more enticing.

Same when I went into the "FOR WOMEN" and "FOR MEN" sections. I don't know the fragrances by name and I'm more like to be drawn to a particular product by display recognition of the appeal of $ and % off RRP.

I think the search function on the left should have the ability to type in the name of the fragrance instead of looking by brand. For instance, my wife recently bought me some RSVP aftershave.....I had to do a google search for RSVP to work out it was Kenneth Cole. Again name and/or visual recognition may work better.

Overall, I like the look and design of the site and from a quick glance, the prices appear pretty reasonable.

Good luck.

Rhys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good tips rhyski, those are the stuff that really help. I'll definitely get those done.

- Tomer

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent logo and banner

Excellent logo and banner. The color combination is quite good. The site goes well and it is very clear. I like the placement of the Account and help tabs. Maybe the search function on the left must have the ability to type in the name of the fragrance instead of looking by brand.
    Affordable Web Hosting - Only $3.95/mo.
    10,000 MB WebSpace, 100 GB Premium Bandwidth, Host 10 Domains
    Free Blog, POP3, PHP, SiteBuilder, Ecommerce, WebStats, FP Ext.
    Budget Reseller Hosting - Start Your Hosting Company - $25/mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not bad, try put it hover on your navigation, and fixed your footer with bottom side of browser...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ abelking2648 - There is a regular search as well as designer search.

Thanks guys!

- Tomer

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to be able to click your main banner and go to the things it promotes!

The color scheme works for me.

You might want to run a validation on the code. There are several easily fixed errors.

If you go to an item page (http://www.aromazing.com/p/Ted_Lapidus/Lapidus/Women/) and click the add to cart button without checking items, the site should have some kind of popup telling you to pick something instead of taking you to an empty cart.

When I go to this page (http://www.aromazing.com/s/gift/) I see "now only _% on items. Is that the discount? The retail price? I'm not sure.

Since the View cart box on the side is clickable, I would expect to be able to click the other "ad" like boxes on the right side as well. Maybe you could link the 100% genuine box to an explanation of why you don't want to buy the cut rate "genuine" stuff from the guy in the gas station parking lot. You also should explain the free shipping policy in the second box a bit more. I would expect everything to ship in one box so why would I only get free shipping on one item? Once I found the shipping FAQ I understood but that should be linked to from the box.

Yep, after clicking around some more I definitely think the boxes on the right side need to be clickable. Don't tell me I should get a gift certificate and then not let me click to them. And certainly don't tell me about shopping in the clearance section without having a link to it somewhere on the page (http://www.aromazing.com/s/women/).

Finally, I would recommend putting the actual discount percentage next to the item list along with the retail price. I can see that I'm getting a discount but if you spell out exactly what it is, I'm more likely to go for it.

I know that's a lot of critique so I'll end with a couple more positives: The alphabet clicker for designer name is neat. Your picture quality on images is also very good. Overall, it's a clean, attractive site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great...I think it needs some credibility logos like the bbb online or verisign to give the consumer some more confidence in the purchase. More people images throughout the site might be good too...
    Thanks,
    Evan, Affiliate Manager
    Join the ContractorsNow Affiliate Program!