Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Encrypted PHP in Client Temp Folder

Well, maybe a client temp folder.

I have Apache running on this system and I write and test PHP on it. I've just discovered encrypted .php files in several temp folders. Anyone know if this is something that PHP does automatically and why? Is it possible that these came from a site that I visited rather than my localhost?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably session files. PHP stores all session information on the filesystem in the temp directory. Although I thought they used a different extension than .php, so maybe this is something different...

It's almost definitely not from another site, however, unless it's your browser cache, in which case it's merely the output of the scripts and they contain no PHP code.
    PHP questions? RTFM
    MySQL questions? RTFM

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

So these would be the session files from my localhost. This makes sense. I've just read of the advantages of using a database driven session storage paradigm. Oh yeah, that was you!

Have a nice day up there in chill ville. Wish I was there. We're all doing 95F in inland SoCal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, if you read more of my posts you'll see me advocating database-driven sessions left and right - I'm a huge fan of 'em! Not only are they more secure in a shared hosting environment, but they make nice-to-have features (like "users online") almost trivial.

Off Topic:

We're not that much chillier up here right now - currently sitting at a very comfortable 72F, but just two days ago we were right burning up at almost 90F. Can't complain, though - at least it's not 95F+ (unusually warm/dry year) and smoky (multiple wildfires the size of Cali within 30 miles of town) like it was three summers ago!!
    PHP questions? RTFM
    MySQL questions? RTFM