SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you target a really small niche, then you don't have to wait 6 months to get traffic, I have some blogs that get 200+ a day and make between 5 to 10 dollars a day, it always depends on the topic !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The topic as well as the content are two very important deciding factors.

Anyway I have Google Adsense on my blog and from time to time visitors click on those ads but it's not one of my prime sources of income.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right, depends on your content. if more people are attracted by your blog, your blog gets more traffic, then you can earn money by your blog.
    Macro Expert
    handle repetitive/routine works http://www.macro-expert.com/
    http://mouse-recorder.macro-expert.com/
    GS Typing Tutor-Learn to touch type at http://www.typingstar.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes you can get lucky and have an article blow up.

I had an article I wrote about how FreeCreditReport.Com is a scam and it got frontpage on **** and got me 40,000 uniques.

Because I had only started my blog days before I wrote that article, I was unable to retain a significant amount of those readers - but hey I made like 30 bucks from adsense in one day.
    Last edited by ses5909; Sep 3, 2007 at 07:29. Reason: removed link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogs have becomes a means to generate the needed traffic and revenue for a number of sites. It just goes down on what kind of PPC's or marketing plans you have done for your blog.
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

Business Growth *******s, Inc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, MrCat you're on track there about a marketing plan.

Still I wonder why so many people like to advertize their blog thru PPC. Since most of them earn revenue thru Adsense, you're actually playing the wrong game...

Paying for traffic to Google and then earning for traffic from Google. What's up with that?

Other then that, PPC campaigns are better off when you got something to sell and can earn money directly. Most here don't have the capital to first do PPC to get blog visitors and then take weeks/months to convert them to paying customers.

-Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edora View Post
    Well, MrCat you're on track there about a marketing plan.

Still I wonder why so many people like to advertize their blog thru PPC. Since most of them earn revenue thru Adsense, you're actually playing the wrong game...

Paying for traffic to Google and then earning for traffic from Google. What's up with that?

Other then that, PPC campaigns are better off when you got something to sell and can earn money directly. Most here don't have the capital to first do PPC to get blog visitors and then take weeks/months to convert them to paying customers.

-Dave

Very well said Dave. There are lots of other options besides Google. But I think if the project is low on finances, the owner should try forum postings and the traditional ways of submitting to SE's, directories, etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blog

Try Traffic Exchanges...TrafficSwarm,Webmasterquest etc...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using PPC to promote your blog, this is crazy! When you use PPC, you always need to work on your landing page and copy writing in order to sell something that have more profit margin. If not, you just throwing money away. Believe me it's just too costly to get readers using PPC unless you are making money out of the readers ( which I doubt it since you don't have landing page and etc )

The main reason to have a blog is to capture long tail search engine traffic, build audiences, build reputation, build expertize, build large content size that is helpful. It will take 3-8months before you can really make a decent living out of blog.

Using PPC to promote affiliate product will be faster, but riskier, you might lose your shirt there if you don't know how be an effective marketer ...

In blog, it's all about traffic, traffic, traffic and content.
    In Affiliate PPC, it's all about conversion and profit margin.

You need to decide which skills you want to master and ... start focus and making money out of it.
    1. Make Money Online Now Resource Center!
    2. Ask Blog Expert For Your Blogging Solution.
    3. Read Free Guide Make Money Online Now!
    4. Make Money Online Real Success!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the passion that you live in your blog. Without it, the blog will just die.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making money through blog is on the content does it have. I have Adsense on my blog and with less earnings and hope to grow. I think there is other way on how can we earn money to our blog is through affiliate programs, adsense alternatives, paid links and a lot more. It is important to have a quality and unique content to a blog because usually user read it, if it is informative and useful to them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edora View Post
    Making money from your blog can be unlimited, but it depends on how you use it.

In one of my businesses we use a blog to attract people to our list. From that list we try to sell them expensive services. About 4-5% of all visitors get on the list. 8% of that list buys our services.

Our services in that market start at $1,500/month, with a contract of at least a year. That's $18,000/year. Good profits from a blog with 200+ visitors per day.

So, it all depends on how you want to make profits and what you got to offer.

-Dave
    Thats really nice info Dave, thansk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, adsense also should relevant to your site content. It helps more earnings when it closely related to your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blogging for backlink and good PR, after that blogging is for money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making money from your blog can be unlimited, but it depends on how you use it.

In one of my businesses we use a blog to attract people to our list. From that list we try to sell them expensive services. About 4-5% of all visitors get on the list. 8% of that list buys our services.

Our services in that market start at $1,500/month, with a contract of at least a year. That's $18,000/year. Good profits from a blog with 200+ visitors per day.

So, it all depends on how you want to make profits and what you got to offer.

-Dave
    Nice post. Yes, it depends on how you use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ses5909 View Post
    Making money from ads? No. Making money because people have contacted me through my blog; Yes.

There are more ways to make money from your blog than simply by throwing ads on them.
    Sara is right on the money. The amount of income I receive via ads is small in comparison to the amount of clients I pick up.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for quantity & quality content to earn money from blogs.
    ****.com is a great source for traffic.
    Then there is stumbleupon.com, reddit.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take advantage of your blog's traffic for conversion, that how you make money from it. Once you have lots of traffic, monetizing it would be easy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logistics into running a blog

Hi guys have been reading your comments on here, somke very very valid point and arguments.

Im actually going to be doing a debate on this soon, my argument is that you cant make money from blogs!

I know alot wouldn't agree with me, but who does and what is your points? Also what are the logistics and costs of running a blog?

All comments greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trentkd View Post
    Hi guys have been reading your comments on here, somke very very valid point and arguments.

Im actually going to be doing a debate on this soon, my argument is that you cant make money from blogs!

I know alot wouldn't agree with me, but who does and what is your points? Also what are the logistics and costs of running a blog?

All comments greatly appreciated
    You've already asked this in another thread. Please don't cross post. Thanks!
    Sara

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to ad that you can get a decent amount of referrals with a goo SEO, but each time I do this with a post I know that the person reading my blog is having a hard time.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's hard to earn more money with my blog.
    Macro Expert
    handle repetitive/routine works http://www.macro-expert.com/
    http://mouse-recorder.macro-expert.com/
    GS Typing Tutor-Learn to touch type at http://www.typingstar.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several ways to make money with blogs. I started blogging because a friend of mine is making arround 3K from his blog. He told me a few of his tricks and with a little effort I believe that anyone can make some good extra bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content. Design. Strategy involving making your website popular. Link exchange. Signature in Forums that includes your blog.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make money from Blogs. You have to put work into it. Its not a set it and forget it type of site. I think thats why people think they don't make money from them. You have to work at it and don't give up. I was making about $1 a day for a long time and have been making about $4 a day and had my first $10 day this week. I have had the site for about 1 year.
    Keyword Junkies
    Save Time, Money & Concentrate On What Matters Most.
    The Blog Feeder!
    Finally a WP Plug-in That Will Drip Feed Blog Posts!