User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making money via blogs

Is anyone here actually making decent income via blogs and how does one get traffic? i was trying to do a lot of PPC advertising for a while and had very little success, especially AdBrite was dissapointing.
    HostNews.com Network
    www.hostnews.com

Is Still Alive silver trophybronze trophy RetroNetro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure there is plenty of money being made via "blogs"

The best way to get traffic is to provide the user with content that will keep them coming back for more as well as attracting new visitors via word of mouth, back links, search results and any other way people find a site.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Making money from ads? No. Making money because people have contacted me through my blog; Yes.

There are more ways to make money from your blog than simply by throwing ads on them.
    Sara

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "decent money" could be many different numbers, so what is decent money for you ?. If you live in a latinamerican country, U$S 1000 is a lot.

Another way to make money is making paid posts (for example with payperpost).

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adsense at blogs gives less clicks though good impressions.

I am trying now clickbank affiliate links..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want to make money,trying clickbank cj affiliate

SitePoint Enthusiast swollenpickles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webhostingmarket View Post
    Is anyone here actually making decent income via blogs and how does one get traffic? i was trying to do a lot of PPC advertising for a while and had very little success, especially AdBrite was dissapointing.
    Check John Chows blog. He seems to do ok.
    Also check this list here:
    http://paulamooney.blogspot.com/2007...aries-and.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need to write more content for your blog. The more content you have, the more value you give and more people will come to your blog. So just write more content and focus on free marketing such as article marketing, joining a blog carnival and so on.

Once your blog is established with good content, then only focus on pay marketing such as PPC. Then when people come to your blog, your content will convert them to be your repeat visitors.
    IM-Myth Ebook - A free ebook about Internet Marketing Myth

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a steady income from text-link-ads and similar sites if your blog is established. Some bloggers have reported a good return on adsense but I've personally not seen a great return as yet

As ses said, you can make good money indirectly through blogging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fonzerelli_79 View Post
    You can get a steady income from text-link-ads and similar sites if your blog is established. Some bloggers have reported a good return on adsense but I've personally not seen a great return as yet

As ses said, you can make good money indirectly through blogging
    My Text-link-ads income is more than my bidvertiser.
    IM-Myth Ebook - A free ebook about Internet Marketing Myth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know someone that does this and yes he's getting money out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing your niche is very important if you want to blog for profit. Find out what people want and choose a topic that doesn't have ten million people blogging about it.
    MarketFederation - Daily Blogging Tips and Web 2.0 Development

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdpowa View Post
    Choosing your niche is very important if you want to blog for profit. Find out what people want and choose a topic that doesn't have ten million people blogging about it.
    Very good points. If you blog about a wide range of topics, this makes it hard for Adsense for example, to really provide relevant ads.
    Sara

Business Growth *******s, Inc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making money from your blog can be unlimited, but it depends on how you use it.

In one of my businesses we use a blog to attract people to our list. From that list we try to sell them expensive services. About 4-5% of all visitors get on the list. 8% of that list buys our services.

Our services in that market start at $1,500/month, with a contract of at least a year. That's $18,000/year. Good profits from a blog with 200+ visitors per day.

So, it all depends on how you want to make profits and what you got to offer.

-Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point

You need a good niche, high quality content, and a planned goal and revenue model. I have seen folks with decent but not amazing traffic (say 500-2000 uniques a day) make a live-able income through a mix of adsense/YPN, affiliate links, and saying paid links (and possible paid posts).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key to keep attracting new visitors and getting them to come read ur blog again and again is your content. Make sure it's interesting for the people you want to attract and keep it fresh

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMVista View Post
    You need a good niche, high quality content, and a planned goal and revenue model. I have seen folks with decent but not amazing traffic (say 500-2000 uniques a day) make a live-able income through a mix of adsense/YPN, affiliate links, and saying paid links (and possible paid posts).
    A livable income with so few visitors? My problem must be my niche. I have a blog getting about 300 visitors a day (mostly repeat visitors) and I can't seem to make any money from it. No one clicks ads because of the niche and ad blindness (very tech savvy users). Text-link-ads charges too much, and even after contacting them to drop the price a little advertisers aren't interested.

So I have too little traffic to get a decent click-through rate and since my blog doesn't relate to any products or services I can't use affiliate links.

Profitability is very dependent on niche.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the main points are the niche and content. Find a good niche with good per click adds and some good affiliate programs. You can make more money off affiliate programs or selling things than adsense ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can earn about $500 per month through paid post. PPC is not so good for normal blogs as it needs a good traffic for the purpose.
    ~Life is beautiful if you know how to live ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to echo the comments on quality content. However, regardless of your content, getting the word out there is equally as important. I'm working night and day at this point to spread the word on a few of my ventures. I wouldn't say it has been completely successful but I'm learning as I go along and feel that eventually the traffic will come around. I co-produce a weekly audio podcast and blog daily about technology related topics. I've got tons of content that many would consider high quality. The struggle is getting people to listen to and read my content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that has done always ok, both for sites and blogs, has been setting up sites about niches, and right high quality, extensive articles, then fill it with lots of long tail keywords and finally putting adsense, that is by far the best ad program I've ever seen in my life for begginers, of course, if you have 2k or more visitors per day your options increase radically, because many ad programs that really pay good money become available.

www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not integrated ad sense into my blog...i haven't felt the need for...but maybe in the future to cover atleast a part of my hosting costs I might do that.
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have adsense at blogs but right now it gives me no clicks though good impressions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very difficult to make money from blogs unless you have a good amount of posts, and a dedicated audience.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that depends on your niche. Making money off blogs is a though business. Some blogs need 6-12 months to produce anything. Some niches perform better with ppc while other with ppi or affiliates. The main thing is to get your content up, that has to be unique and of very good quality so it stands out of the crowd. Hope it helped.