User Tag List

Thread: bikeforums.net

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bikeforums.net

Always looking to improve my community. Feedback anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, clean design and great use of color - the forums seem to be active so you're obviously doing something right! Have you considered expanding a little beyond the forums? You could maybe solicit articles from your members on biking in order to get them participating even further in your site's development. The articles would also give you keyword-rich content to submit to search engines and increase your traffic further. Articles could included links to related forum topics and increase surfing throughout your community.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply, I have thought about articals, but im not sure how to go about it. One of my members came up with the idea of an Articals and Links subforum for each major forum. I'll put some thought into this!

(PS Wayne, check your reply template in this forum for logged out users, the top two tables are only at 50%)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are VBulletin forum pages spidered by search engines? I ask because I would advise against using a system for articles that can't be submitted to search engines. You would want them to be good, keyword-targetting doorway pages to your site. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by dpickup
    Are VBulletin forum pages spidered by search engines? I ask because I would advise against using a system for articles that can't be submitted to search engines. You would want them to be good, keyword-targetting doorway pages to your site. Just a thought.
    By default, no. However, there are hacks released from vBulletin.org which apparently give you this capability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Marc. I was curious about that - I've come across VB threads in Google before, but I've also heard that they did not get spidered (i.e. Sitepoint threads are not spidered).