SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ian Lloyd's book - Build your own website the right way using HTML and CSS

    I went through the whole book within one week of purchase. It is a fantastic book for a beginner..infact a must have for a beginner. I am thinking of ordering one more copy of the book for a friend of mine.
    Last edited by electroskan.com; Jun 27, 2007 at 19:48.
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  2. #2
    In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Aurora, Illinois
    Posts
    15,478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you might want to order another copy. Because if you give yours out, you'll probably never get it back.

  3. #3
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    Yeah, you might want to order another copy. Because if you give yours out, you'll probably never get it back.
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  4. #4
    Posts rarely lloydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Swindon UK
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electroskan.com View Post
    I went through the whole book within one week of purchase. It is a fantastic book for a beginner..infact a must have for a beginner. I am thinking of ordering one more copy of the book for a friend of mine.
    Oh absolutely ... couldn't agree more

    Seriously, thanks for the comment - really appreciated!

    It's great to read the customer comments from time to time and realise that people are still benefiting from buying/reading the book, although it *was* a conscious decision to make it such that learning HTML/CSS did not rely on cutting edge development tools and so on and as such, it should stay relevant for longer. And I'm glad to see that there is a forum for the books too, now.

    Happy web developing!
    Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way!
    A beginners' HTML/CSS book with web standards at its heart
    The Ultimate HTML Reference
    A complete reference, in glorious hardback

  5. #5
    whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't believe I only just noticed this new area of the forum.. I need to scroll down more often

    So.. those book reviews I promised... coming soon

  6. #6
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi View Post
    Oh absolutely ... couldn't agree more

    Seriously, thanks for the comment - really appreciated!

    It's great to read the customer comments from time to time and realise that people are still benefiting from buying/reading the book, although it *was* a conscious decision to make it such that learning HTML/CSS did not rely on cutting edge development tools and so on and as such, it should stay relevant for longer. And I'm glad to see that there is a forum for the books too, now.

    Happy web developing!
    God! I never knew you had an account here....You really 'post rarely'.
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  7. #7
    Posts rarely lloydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Swindon UK
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electroskan.com View Post
    God! I never knew you had an account here....You really 'post rarely'.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I used to lurk the forums and post a lot in the past, now I need a nudge from Sitepoint to respond to posts. You know how it is, habits change and all that ... About the only forum I regularly look at is my VW one (well, I say mine, but I don't own it ... you know what I mean)!
    Build Your Own Web Site the Right Way!
    A beginners' HTML/CSS book with web standards at its heart
    The Ultimate HTML Reference
    A complete reference, in glorious hardback

  8. #8
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see...
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  9. #9
    whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well it's nice that you pop in here occasionally Ian.

  10. #10
    Team SitePoint
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armchaircritic View Post
    I can't believe I only just noticed this new area of the forum.. I need to scroll down more often

    We only opened it the other day
    Simon Mackie


  11. #11
    www.logoraman.com electroskan.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and I was damn quick to open a thread here.....
    LOGORAMAN
    [FB] [TWITTER] [BEHANCE] [FLICKR]

  12. #12
    whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol Ram, yes you were. I'm preparing a review to plump up the pages here. Is almost done, I just want to check a few details and have someone proof it.

    After that I think I'll do a review of the design book and then the art and science one. We'll see how much time there is.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electroskan.com View Post
    I went through the whole book within one week of purchase. It is a fantastic book for a beginner..infact a must have for a beginner. I am thinking of ordering one more copy of the book for a friend of mine.
    Y can not you lend your book to ur friend?Can not take it back


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •