User Tag List

Hybrid View

The Jellophonic Autobrain CHeeSeBLiND's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writing plugins for Joomla

I consider myself to be a pretty apt PHP programmer. I've not used it for a while though as I've been concentrating on learning RoR. I've been asked by my employers to write a plugin for Joomla but I honestly don't know how to go about it.

Does anyone know any decent tutorials about how to write plugins for joomla v1?

Here's what I'm after:

We have a couple of sections where we want people to be able to track whether something has been read or actioned rather like an email flagging system.

The requirement is for users to be able to individually flag whether an article in either the bulletins or memo section has been,

1. Read
    2. Requires an action
    3. Requires response to admin
    4. Has been read or actioned
    That's pretty much the spec I've been given. Anyone know if there's a plugin around to do this or any info on how I can do it myself. I don't really have time to try and decipher how all of this works myself as I'm already snowed under with work.
    hmm...

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think that such plugins are available because these are the particular specification for your client. So i think you have to build it for your self. Like when any visitor visits a page and does something then make a script which sends the admin saying "The user did something action in [PAGE] specified page". That is what i got form the post that you post above. I am not sure whether i got what you and your specification say.
    Mistakes are proof that you are trying.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSD to HTML - SlicingArt.com | Personal Blog | ZCE - PHP 5

The Jellophonic Autobrain CHeeSeBLiND's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what they actually want me to do either. My boss is at glastonbury so I can't pester him about it.

I think that's pretty much what they want.

:?
    hmm...