SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Pop-Up Date-Picker Calendars?

Can anyone recommend a free pop-up calendar that lets the user scroll through the months and pick a date, and then that date gets entered into a form field?

At the moment I'm using the Flooble Calendar but some Mac users that use Safari have told me that it doesn't pop up properly; instead of appearing just underneath the date field in the form it's appearing at the bottom of the page. I originally decided to use this one because it's free, looks quite nice, and can return the date in MySQL format (saves me having to reformat the dates).

I've looked at lots of free date pickers but haven't found any that claim to work ok in Safari. Another feature that I'd like that many commercial date pickers have but no free ones that I've seen, is the ability to clear the date. Very handy when using an edit form that already includes a date and you then want to remove the date but not replace it with another one.

Suggestions anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still in my Clipboard from a previous post:

http://www.meanfreepath.com/javascri...dar/index.html

Epoch Calendar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the plugins that jQuery has. You could add your own 'clear date' button, it's not hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gRoberts View Post
    Still in my Clipboard from a previous post:

http://www.meanfreepath.com/javascri...dar/index.html

Epoch Calendar.
    Thanks for that, it looks really good.

I use Opera as my main browser and while it says it's compatible with Opera I noticed a few weird display problems (bottom of the pop-up window was cut off, moving the mouse pointer over the dates quickly made them highlight but not un-highlight). But I'll test it on another PC with Opera because I sometimes see these problems in other apps and I've always wondered if there's a problem with my display driver.