User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there everyone!

I would like to offer search engine submission and some marketing tools for clients. I read about one program...WebPosition Gold. I was wondering if anyone had any comments about that program and/or could point out another software program or service that would be better!

I appreciate any input you may have!

Have a good one!

Kelly

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every thing I have read is to avoid that type of software because it mainly lists to FFA lists that may or may not be updated. You will find in the long run that customized entries for the top search engines and an integrated marketing plan that works for multiple sites will provide better service to your customers and better revenues for your company.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Wayne. In particular, Web Position Gold submits your site to a lot of FFA links. While this may be good for a couple of search engines, they really aren't quality links and you won't see much increase in traffic due to them. I have one cutsomer that signed up with another company using Web Position Gold to promote his site. I don't think that he is happy with the results.

Mike

------------------
    Street Bikers United protecting the rights of motorcyclists worldwide.
    Cosmic Custom Airbrush - Hawaii's premier airbrush studio.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WPG's primary use isnt for submitting to search engines and FFA pages!

While submitting to FFA pages is not worth much of your time. It can increase your link popularity in search engines which can cause better positioning for your site in the long run. It does cause alot of spam though, so make sure you use a hotmail account or something for your email whenever you submit to FFA sites. One things for sure, dont go expecting alot of traffic from FFA sites - like Dynamike said.

Use WPG for creating search engine friendly pages. Use it to help you with keywords and meta tags. Use it to create doorway pages on mass, and submit hallway pages to search engines. Use the critic to help you make your search engine friendly pages.

Use WPG for monitoring the positioning of your websites in the search engines. This is an important feature, if your site drops off from the listing you can do something about it quickly! And if it drops a few spots you can try and rectify this.

Wayne is right too, you are much better off doing most of this work by hand (Not the position monitoring though) But WPG is a great time-saver, it does pay off if used properly.

Always submit your websites to the top search engines manually. It gives you a much better chance of being listed and having a greater position.

Dont go expecting floods of traffic straight away from using WPG. Like most marketing and promotions techniques it will take some time before you see a steady increase in visitors.

WPG is a great tool, if you use if effectively that is....

I hope this cleared this topic up for everyone!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, everyone, for all the information! I appreciate it so much!

Kelly

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *potential stupid question*

what does FFA stand for and what are these types of pages?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFA = Free For All. These are the pages where you can go and enter you page into their listing. Usually it shows up immediately, sometimes you may wait a day or two. Most of these don't have search capabilities or if they do its only internal to the site. Some FFA sites only hold the last XXX amount of submissions so as time goes by your site will be removed from the list to make room for others.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Review of WebPosition Gold:
    http://webmaster-resources.com/revie...tiongold.shtml

------------------
    http://www.webmaster-resources.com
    Articles, Reviews & Resources for webmasters!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To "add url" to search engines I suggest you use DumpTruck www.trafficstudio.com/dumptruck/about.htm .

To track your search engines I suggest AgentWebRanking Freeware. 5 stars ZDNET. www.aadsoft.com/agentwebranking/ranking.htm .