SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unusual padding appearing - can you see it?

Hey there everyone

I am experiencing an issue with a site I recently completed... the client is using IE6 to view the pages and sees padding to the left of all the <p> text in the main content area. I can't see this using IE6 or IE7 - can anyone else see this?

http://www.exact.com.au/

Also, on this page there is a space before the name 'Roseanne' in the right column.

I am guessing there is a CSS padding or margin issue here but can't pinpoint the problem. Also, I have just noticed (a new issue) that there is a lot of space at the bottom of the page - again I can't see why.

FYI - I have just completed this site and did not set up the CSS!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding overflow:hidden; to #Container fixed the heap of space at the bottom of the page in Firefox. Not sure whether it stuffs up IE6 though - when I test this in my standalone IE6, I lose the background image :\

(maybe someone with IE6 can confirm this).

As for the pages you linked to, I can't see any differences between FF, IE6 and IE7 regarding the padding/margin issue with the paragraphs.. they all look the same to me. All text lines up with the headers.

The one difference I did see between FFox and IE6 is on the index page, where the list following: "A selection of positions available through Exact:"
    is in 2 columns in FFox but in a single column in IE6 and the list is indented.

Oh and yeah, no space before the name either.. all browsers show the name lining up with the left side of the photo.

Nadia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for the feedback Nadia. Will add overflow:hidden to fix the space issue now

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LucidSurf View Post
    Thanks so much for the feedback Nadia. Will add overflow:hidden to fix the space issue now
    You're welcome !

If you like, let me know when you're done and I'll do another double check in IE6 to make sure that stays the way it should :-)

Nadia