SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Problem with javascipt menu system- help !

I have a problem with a navigation system i have been trying to set up.

The navigation consists of two scripts which are both cross browser. One uses a button to slide in a layer and the other is a tree style menu system. I put the tree menu inside the slide in layer and it works fine in internet explorer but doesnt work in netscape.

There must be some sort on confliction with the two scripts as they both work cross browser when alone.

I have spent days looking for a similar script on the net which i could use to glide in a layer to put the tree menu inside but have been unsucessful in finding one.

I have an example of this at www.hostcompanies.com/nightmaremenu.htm

The tree menu was designed in creata tree located at http://www.neotextsoftware.com/main.asp

Its a really cool menu system but needs to be in a seperate layer from the webpage because when the menu is expanded it continues over the text and graphics of the page.

The slide in layer script ( Glide in Menu ) has been taken from http://codelifter.com/main/javascrip...lidermenu.html

Its something i got my heart set on for my website, can anyone fix this confliction or know of another slide in menu script i could use which i could put the tree menu inside and it would work cross browser.

Any help appreciated i have been stuck on this for weeks now.
    Add your web design / hosting companies to my directory - Web Hosting Directory
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking for a replacement or are you looking to fix your current script?

Check out the DHTML menu here

http://www.guistuff.com/tools.shtml

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to find a script with a glide in box that would work cross browser with the tree script.
    Do you know of one or could you make me one?
    The tree script itself is cross browser but when i put the script in the glide in menu , there is some sort of clash and it only works in some browsers.

Can you help me?
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take a look at dhtmlcentral.com

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I allready have

Nothing there to help me, ive looked everywhere but can't find a slide in menu script which will work.

Most slide in menu scripts are programmed to contain html links not actual javascipt code as in the case of the tree menu i want to use.

Could you make a script for me?
    I could give you a month banner ad on my homepage in return?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I do not have that much time on my hands. But maybe someone else would like to take you up on your offer.

Try a separate post in the Marketplace.