SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Client needs to upload and download images

I have a client who needs a website in which he will be able to upload and download images himself. He has doesn't know html or anything about webdesign. I need something basic, easy to learn, easy to use, and reliable.

It is a whole sale jewelry website. He will need to put up and take down images of available product for resellers to see and to email to their customers. They will not be buying from the website.

I am trying to find what would be the best way for me to set this up so that he will be able to add thumbnail and full size images quickly and easily.

I will also need to set up the hosting with Google or Yahoo. I have not start the site yet, but it will a basic no frills website.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Moondrop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you code? If not, might be easier to just use a prebuilt gallery script and give your user admin rights to add and remove images. Or maybe look at installing a blog (worpress, etc) that again will give the user a lot of control with while requiring little technical knowledge.

Hope that helps,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I code html.

Would you be more specific about a prebuilt gallery script? Where should I start looking for one that has already been proven to work and be easy to use?

Thank you for your help!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that better to use scripts for galleries. Or hire php programmer for it if you need something custom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are hundreds of gallery scripts out there. http://gallery.menalto.com/ is a popular PHP one or you could maybe look at setting up a flikr account and showing the images on your clients site - could maybe help the marketing as well
    Last edited by elgumbo; Jun 21, 2007 at 03:12. Reason: bad spelling