Thread: IE6 problemos!!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE6 problemos!!

Hi,
    IM having some problems with a joomla site ive been working on. Its got some kinda hacky inline styles to knowck the template in to shape. The problem im haiving
    is that the layout wont center in IE6 and the right column id too far over to the right. I cant work it out. Any ideas anyone?

http://paf2.trafficdesign.co.uk/inde...d=22&Itemid=45

the left column also drops down...everythings finein FF and other browsers!

Thanks for any suggestions

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's all this:

Array
    (
    [option] => com_content
    [task] => blogcategory
    [id] => 22
    [Itemid] => 45

)
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

it's all sitting above the doctype -which it shouldn't be. It is therefore throwing IE6 into quirks mode and hence your visual problems. Remove that and then see what's happening with your page.

PS: Lots of other validation errors that need fixing also.

Nadia

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Oops sorry forgot to take that stuff out...its all the info from the $_GET variable.....ive got rid of it now....its a joomla site and im hakcing on or two things based on the values in that array....we're trying to start using it for smaller
    projects instead of re-inventing the wheel everytime we get commissioned for a small site.

Anyways....im fixing the few validation errors caused by me now but the rest are url encoding issues or my small piece of youtube embed code that are causing all those errors
    Those aren't what are causing my problem in IE6. Its something i cant spot at the moment and thats why i posted

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you've removed that code above the doc type? It being there certainly wouldn't help the way IE shows the page and it doesn't help anyone help you with it being there, because IE will show it incorrectly :-)

Make sure that your current work is the one that you are linking to. (with that code removed). As for dropping content, it has to be a width issue... make sure you hae included margins and padding in your calculations for widths.

Nadia

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure your css validates. If it does, there is a 99&#37; chance that the layout will look perfect in ie7, firefox and opera. Then use ie conditional comments to use a different style sheet for ie6 if you have to.
    My sites
    Creadiv Blogging - About Blogging, Life, And What I Like.
    The IP House - Whats my IP?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure that your current work is the one that you are linking to. (with that code removed). As for dropping content, it has to be a width issue... make sure you have included margins and padding in your calculations for widths.
    Yes its def a width issue but i canne spot it..thats why i posted....yep i removed that code above the doctype

Lancelot- sorry im not a fan of conditionals or other Ie6 hacks...id rather try and get to the bottom of whats going wrong

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    arrghh is still canne work this out!