SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP and MySQL Larry Ullman book, anything wrong?

I was just wondering if anyone has read Larry Ullman's book "PHP and MySQL for dynamic websites and if there are any bad practices in it. Anything that isn't good from a security point of view, usability wise, etc. I know usability is basically an XHTML thing, but as php generates it I think it's ok to ask about it in regards to this book. All things I have learned that are web related so far I have tried to do using standards, and good practices, so I just wanted to ask.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the book myself and it's excellent at describing the best practical methods for doing a certain task in php.

One thing which the book does not touch even the surface of is OOP (Object Orientated Programming.) I wasn't into OOP at the time of purchase so I guess you could say that didn't matter to me.

Even though I consider myself pretty confident with php, it's always handy to have around when you need to look something up.

Btw : I think this book is the top rated php book on Amazon

[Edit] Yep, best rated book there

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to do everything I can using objects. I have been programming with C++, so I am familiar with objects already. I just want to make sure in my PHP experience I am learning to do things in standards compliant ways that are know to be good practice.