SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ie7 flash reload problem

Has anybody noticed ie7 is caching pages with flash differently. I use a flash header for navigation around my site. However, if you log in you can see that your merely viewing a cach copy of the page you just visited. You need to actually refresh the page to update what it shows you. This problem doesnt exist on firefox or ie6 though.

www.milliondollarcribz.com
    user: guest
    pass: asdf

to see what im actually talking about. any suggestions on what i should do? i figure i might have to do some kind of page refresh to fix it but that seems silly and id rather not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works fine here in IE7 :s
    Or am I missing the point?
    FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used, will sell cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basically if i make an update to the site then use my flash navigation to get to it, the old version is cached till the user actually hits refresh (or closes out the browser). this is confusing my client whos wondering why the updates he makes from his control panel arnt showing up. i told him for now he needs to just hit refresh the page the updates are on. every other browser ive tested the site with works fine. the flash header and images get cached but not the entire page. when my client makes an update then revisits while using firefox then updates show up regularly.

nobody has noticed this change or had problems with this in ie7??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive narrowed it down to a problem with flash and ie7. this is a hard problem to explain but i think this sums it up...

Code:
    on (release) {
        getURL("information.php");
    }
    will take the user to a cached page of information.php. if information.php is supposed to be pulling dynamic content then its not showing the latest updates... of course running this in any other browser works just fine.