SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just a beta, but also a browser nobody really ever cared about unless they owned a Mac.

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goofy View Post
    I find it pretty buggy on alot of sites, can't login, blank pages, etc. To be expected since it's beta i guess.
    Pfft. Learn how to work a computer. Used it all day a few days ago. No problems at all.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    Not just a beta, but also a browser nobody really ever cared about unless they owned a Mac.
    DO you mean Safari on the Mac - from where I stand a lot of people use / support it. I always make sure that my work passes the test in Safari as well... don't you?

Nadia

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia P View Post
    DO you mean Safari on the Mac - from where I stand a lot of people use / support it. I always make sure that my work passes the test in Safari as well... don't you?
    Because I never had access to a Mac, I had never been able to test my website on Mac browsers until very recently. About two or three months ago, I had access to a Mac and beyond the difference in font "boldness" between Windows and Mac my site was virtually perfect in Safari. Sure there was a pixel or two difference here and there, but only I would have known the difference. Basically what one sees in Opera is what one will see in Safari.

The point is that if one takes care to code with a strict adherence to the strictest versions of W3C's applicable specifications (e.g. HTML4.01 Strict and CSS2) and to cross check on at least Firefox, Opera and MSIE, one's site will probably also do just fine in those modern browsers one can't test on.

The people who have problems with browsers like Safari are those who don't validate their code, use MSIE as the primary development browser and maybe give a once over in Firefox at most. The failure to validate one's code is the biggest reason pages don't render correctly in different browsers.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in Safari's HTML and JavaScript performance results. Does anyone know how can I perform similar tests on my computer using solution other than iBench?