SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do with about $100?

Hello all,

I run a freestyle soccer website that allows freestylers to upload their own videos. I also have a forum for soccer and freestyle. Both of these sites work off one another.

I have never paid for any advertising or promoting but would like to try it. What do you all recommend I do if I want to spend about $100 on brining in some new traffic?

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Jelena; Jun 10, 2007 at 21:41. Reason: urls removed, sorry

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go for paid listing in few niche directories if you have already done listing in other free directories, also you can look for PPC advertisement starting with lowest amount within that budget.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directory listings are helpful..
    visit Maneel Constructions for apartments in hyderabad

Free Real Estate Directory No reciprocal Required!!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was for a soccer website, then you would have to do offline advertising. Perhaps sponsor a local team, or specific match (eg. the finals). I'm only talking about extremely small local teams though, perhaps even younger teams.

Other than that you could use adwords, but that is a bit hit and miss. The only other thing I can think of is advertising on an already popular soccer website, but I don't have an experience in that field.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $100 won't get you very far, I'd try to buy a text link on a decent traffic/PR soccer website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do some things locally, word of mouth could take over. Depending on your area, it could spread word of mouth and see where that goes.

Social Bookmarking is an example of something that could assist in some traffic generation.

You could easily spend some money on PPC, but like many have said it's hit or miss so with only a $100 budget you may want to do something more direct, or just understand that it may take a few times around to see a ROI for your money you invest into PPC.

It wouldn't hurt to share your website with some online soccer vendors just to ask for a link to your site.

Also, you could add a link in your signature as well. Right now as i'm writing this, it indicates that 44 people have viewed this thread, and not one of us have a clue about what your website is. One of us could have been a avid soccer fan, and could have told all of our friends about this amazing site with videos on it... All it takes sometimes is a few people to say something about it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to generate a lot of online traffic with the least investment, the best method is undoubtedly Pay Per Click Advertising. Nothing beats PPC advertising for its ability to get your site targeted traffic.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with PPC. My advice is to be as specific as you can in your PPC ad to hopefully get people very much targeted for your site.

Putting the site in your sig isnt a bad idea as well

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could visit football forums that are very active and place your link to your site as a signature. If you don't have enough time, you could hire people with that money to post on active football forums with their signature as your website.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the text link idea on another soccer site with good traffic. You should get the most for your money with that

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $100 is what I spent for start up costs for my online business.
    As far as advertising goes I've learned great FREE Web 2.0 Techniques for driving a lot of traffic to my website.
    Learn The Secrets To Generating
    FREE TRAFFIC And Leads By Using Web 2.0
    Secrets , Who Will Pay You $150 Each Time!

http://www.the20yearold.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hai Friends

If i get 100$, i just invest it to online business and spend work and time and try to make more money.................