Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2104

Thread: • Drifting •

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dragon has the charm of where all history and all myth of that area are rooted. It is also well done from a graphic point of view and fits into today as well as yesterday.

The new one I have seen a thousand times in different variations, totally void of identity, designed into neutrality that could mean anything
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybanana View Post
    Hey, why don't you dig up a link of Banana Airlines' version? surely you must remember them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    I'm an American - and even I prefer the old one.
    I never doubted for a moment you wouldn't Dan. Your American not daft; the crazy thing is, it's people like you and your countrymen that we're trying to attract. I think Ulrike summed it up perfectly. A town should have a coat of arms that evokes it's place in myth and history, not a sign from outside a ice cream parlour.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, I think today the web as a whole influences designers a lot. They spend hours and hours every day seeing the same designs over and over. That gives a strong influence, hence the sameness in design. Isolation is vanishing, a unifying sameness appears, and unusual or different is being viewed as odd or not being with the time.

It is pretty much apparent already how all the wonderful differences will melt together, even the languages will. I know something different will grow from that, just the way the US was built on all these different cultures from all over the world, but we will have to pay a prize for that.

I prefer diversity, but I am getting old too, so that might have something to do with my view on that. I am always careful to include that factor into my evaluation, because I remember too well how my parents and grandparents rebelled against change, I think it is really not the change that I disagree with, but the loss of things valuable.
    Ulrike

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then Chris, aside from the old-school marketing thug types, they're not doing a good job of attracting Americans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ulrike, I love change....if it's for the better. I can literally drool over groundbreaking architecture or design; ask my wife, she is always complaining about the way I turn holidays into a tour of design exhibitions. I just detest mediocrity and dumbing down to the lowest common denominator which to me this logo is all about. Dan hit the nail on the head, it's old school goes trendy and if anything represents Cardiff as a place to steer clear of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, that is such a good observation, the dumbing down. It is permeating pretty much all of pop culture and schools as well. Lets all be equal, equally dumb
    Ulrike

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobyme View Post
    Ulrike, I love change....if it's for the better. I can literally drool over groundbreaking architecture or design; ask my wife, she is always complaining about the way I turn holidays into a tour of design exhibitions. I just detest mediocrity and dumbing down to the lowest common denominator which to me this logo is all about. Dan hit the nail on the head, it's old school goes trendy and if anything represents Cardiff as a place to steer clear of.
    Well if they are hoping to attract young people into the night life to throw their money away then they did a good job. Looks like a logo for a 18-30 party holiday resort

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …or a dial up entertainment
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're right. ring ring.....ring ring...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, I have a monster migraine today, was already blind for an hour this morning, now it is just all the rest of it. I am so sick of this, had it since I was 5 years old. I thought that it would go away as I get older, but no such luck
    Ulrike

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junjun View Post
    Hey, why don't you dig up a link of Banana Airlines' version? surely you must remember them...
    I was looking briefly for it but was not able to find it, too bad cause Banana Airlines rocks

been on their show 3 times, and people has always been drunk as pigs and there been a lot of fighting haha
    But what a show, what a show..
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been on their show 3 times, and people has always been drunk as pigs and there been a lot of fighting haha
    But what a show, what a show..
    uh.. sounds like my hometown..
    How far north are you? I was born and raised in H-fest. It's over 15 years since I left though..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    uh.. sounds like my hometown..
    How far north are you? I was born and raised in H-fest. It's over 15 years since I left though..
    haha yeah I bet it sounds like H-fest, been there many times. they have this amazing pub there named "Banjern", just freaking amazing hahaha

I live on Senja, not that far north but not so far from Tromsψ. and 6o kilometers from a small hick town named "Finnsnes" ..if you know where that is...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finnsness sounds like a nice finnish name, like finnished or fins in the water or finessing or finito
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha yeah I bet it sounds like H-fest, been there many times. they have this amazing pub there named "Banjern", just freaking amazing hahaha
    hehe glad you like it.. it used to be the roughest bar in town many years ago I think I'll be going back to my hometown this summer. Class reunion and all that, and then head straight down to Finland for the rest of the summer.

I live on Senja, not that far north but not so far from Tromsψ. and 6o kilometers from a small hick town named "Finnsnes" ..if you know where that is...
    Give me a break who didn't grow up learning the song about the troll on Senja?
    http://home.no.net/wskole/Felles/san...lletisenja.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Datura View Post
    Finnsness sounds like a nice finnish name, like finnished or fins in the water or finessing or finito
    The Finnish name for Finland is "Suomi".. it's just the rest of the world that calls them Finland, so no.. not a very Finnish sounding name for people in Scandinavia at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datura View Post
    Oh man, I have a monster migraine today, was already blind for an hour this morning, now it is just all the rest of it. I am so sick of this, had it since I was 5 years old. I thought that it would go away as I get older, but no such luck
    I'm sick too. Got the flu.. so I've been off work and productivity is below zero. Unless you count reading a book and sitting by a window drinking hot tea all day. Oh and the computer is always on so there's sitepoint browsing but my mind is too cloudy to take anything in. A post like this stretches my endurance.

Hope your migraine clears soon Ulrike I have them from time to time too, not had one recently however. Get well
    Last edited by akritic; Feb 21, 2008 at 16:38. Reason: spelling errors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Andy, you get better too. I do the same, just sitting around, reading, lying on bed, coming back and doing some silly posts and some not so silly. A wasted day really. But there will be tomorrow. Hold the whiskers up Andy
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehe glad you like it.. it used to be the roughest bar in town many years ago I think I'll be going back to my hometown this summer. Class reunion and all that, and then head straight down to Finland for the rest of the summer.
    like it? I love it haha you don't find many places like that one hahaha
    last time I was at Banjern some old "drunk as pigs" woman in their middle 60's dressed as 12-14 years old girls and painted with truckloads of paint in their faces tried to check us up rofl and a one eyed "drunk as pig" man in his late 50's stripped for a friend and wanted him to be with him home for the night + there were fighting all over the place, and the list goes on hahaha Amazing place lololol rofl

after easter I'll go up to Alta on vacation for a period and will have a look at H-fest too at the same time, to see how it's going there. been 5-6 yrs since last time I was there now.

Quote Originally Posted by junjun
    Give me a break who didn't grow up learning the song about the troll on Senja?
    http://home.no.net/wskole/Felles/san...lletisenja.htm
    The troll on Senja by Jack Berntsen is a classic hehe, and now we got the biggest Troll in the world here, in Rubach's "Hulder and Trollpark"
    Last edited by Crazybanana; Feb 24, 2008 at 07:22. Reason: Banjern rockzZZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a lot of trolls with wild hair and big noses Crazy. Are you a troll?
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, how about them tornadoes?
    You know, since mankind has decided we are going to all band together and do something to stop climate change...why don't we also look at passing some legislation to stop tornados and earthquakes???

Since we seem to believe that we can control the earth, why not?

We'll just pass a few laws making tornados and earthquakes illegal
    and that'll solve the problem, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KM Richards View Post
    You know, since mankind has decided we are going to all band together and do something to stop climate change...why don't we also look at passing some legislation to stop tornados and earthquakes???

Makes perfect sense to me, just follow the logical path of what is the current thinking…
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KM Richards View Post

I'll go along with that. It's the obvious answer; why didn't I think of it?

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever (safely) SEEN a tornado up close? I have. Not once, not twice, but three times. The last one was a monster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever (safely) SEEN a tornado up close? I have. Not once, not twice, but three times. The last one was a monster.
    Sure have. I was in one in New Orleans. It was horrifying and not safe at all. We were out in the racetrack where the Jazz Festival is held, had some stuff in a big tent and needed to get it out before the floods would take it. While we were in one of the tents -- mind you, they are huge, they hold about 2000 people each -- a twister came through. The tent beside us flew up with posts and all, we hunkered under the car in the mud as best we could. My husband was hit by a big post, quite a ding on his back.

The second one was in Dallas, downtown.

The third one in Ann Arbor.

The fourth in Detroit.

I have also seen several water spouts, which are small tornados.

They are nothing to fool with.
    Ulrike