dont be such a wimp
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^

But eating snails

Now prawns just don't eat too much as you'll have nightmares like what I had last night

whagwan? silver trophybronze trophy akritic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^of big mutant prawns getting their own back???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spence_noodle View Post
    ^

But eating snails

Now prawns just don't eat too much as you'll have nightmares like what I had last night
    Just so you know; if anybody drowns and the body isn't found for a week or two; when they do find it, it is always crawling with shrimps and prawns. Now your good old garden snail ambushes cabbage leaves at lightning speed and doesn't need to feed on decomposing flesh. Mind you I still think prawns are yummy.
    There are three kinds of men:
    The ones that learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation.
    The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prawns in a sizzling garlic sauce are the prime reason why the sea provides them, in my modest culinary opinion.

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a nightmare about lobsters already.

I dreamt that there was this lobster on my kitchen table... ready to be cooked and eaten.

All of a sudden it returns to life (or maybe was never dead) and started scuttling around frantically trying to get out of the house.

Finally it did and it fell down the flight of stairs and ran across the road/path where there was this huge open field.

(I stood at my door upstairs looking at all of this)

As it ran across the field I realised it wasn't actually a field at all... but it was actually a giant pond and the grass was more like pond surface plants.

Just then, below the surface of the pond I saw a huge like like 5 foot eye roll around to look up at the lobster scuttling on the water's surface.

Then I woke up.

Actually it wasn't a nightmare at all, come to think of it. But it certainly was a weird dream.

Trying to fill the unforgiving minute
    with sixty seconds' worth of distance run.

Update on Sitepoint's Migration to Discourse

SitePoint Enthusiast theburlster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do dream analysis as a personal hobby. Ready for this?

"I had a nightmare about lobsters already. I dreamt that there was this lobster on my kitchen table... ready to be cooked and eaten."

Things are going to look grim for you. Perhaps an aspect of your life at the moment is looking a little bleak whether it be money, relationships or whatever!

"All of a sudden it returns to life (or maybe was never dead) and started scuttling around frantically trying to get out of the house."

Are you the sort of person who thrives under pressure? Sadistically enjoys the drama of a frustrating situation? Perhaps you always preferred exams to coursework because you like that feeling of pressure spurring you on. Whether that's true or not, this time it will be. Your going to suddenly realise you need to sort the issue out urgently right at the last minute and your going to run. Furthermore, that little bit of effort is going to pay off (this is shown by the fact that when the lobster wakes up, it meets no resistance on its path to the pond).

"Finally it did and it fell down the flight of stairs and ran across the road/path where there was this huge open field."

Ok, so a little resistance. When you make this decision and strive for the resolution to the situation, it's going to be a little of a bumpy ride. Going down stairs are good though, as they represent that you might be on a bumpy, and sometimes painful ride but your always going in the right direction. An open field would initially have symbolised freedom.

"(I stood at my door upstairs looking at all of this)"

The fact you were aware of watching this means it is your brain insisting you pay attention to the message its giving you!

"As it ran across the field I realised it wasn't actually a field at all... but it was actually a giant pond and the grass was more like pond surface plants."

That's just your mind catching up and deciding a lobster would probably see a lake as freedom over a field!

"Just then, below the surface of the pond I saw a huge like like 5 foot eye roll around to look up at the lobster scuttling on the water's surface."

The eye is there, watching all the lobster does to tell you that once you've got back in to the pond where your comfortable, both you and the surface of that pond will be watched. It's telling you that you must learn from this experience and watch to ensure you never find yourself in the same situation again.

Then I woke up.

There you go :-D! Tell me what you think, and whether any of it makes sense...
    The Burlster of www.burlster.com fame

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me counter the dream interpretation by theburlster: Shaun's dream just shows a vivid imagination, I have very similar dreams, had them all my life. I also, just like Shaun, have a very active fantasy life. Shaun also has just finished reading Alice in Wonderland with its whimsical characters.

A normal dream for a normal person with an artistic bent
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Idea?

Prawns and Marmite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Datura : It's a real coincidence you should mention Alice in Wonderland! We've been discussing Lewis Carroll this morning on another forum so I just finished reading all about him on Wikipedia.

And your probably right, it's probably imagination. But then if any of it sounds familiar, perhaps its not?

Besides, imagination could involve a lobster in a top hat flying through the air. Not a significant escape from a kitchen to a pond ;-)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburlster
    "Just then, below the surface of the pond I saw a huge like like 5 foot eye roll around to look up at the lobster scuttling on the water's surface."

The eye is there, watching all the lobster does to tell you that once you've got back in to the pond where your comfortable, both you and the surface of that pond will be watched.
    Actually I described that part wrongly.

The eye was of another lobster... a HUGE orange one that was looking up at the smaller redish one skipping on the pond's/field's surface.

As for the meaning...

This was some years ago when I was living in St. Lucia when I had this dream.

I was at a grocery there and saw all kinds of sea-food in the freezers... from prawn to crab and... lobster!!

I saw a big orange one and I was thinking of buying it... to take pictures of no less (I actually don't like lobster meat at all).

I didn't bother to, though... it was too expensive.

Anyways, that's why I had the dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B'ah! Serves me right for trying to analyse a dream of someone who didn't want it analysed. Welp, I've started a seperate thread to practise incase anyone does want theirs analysed so I shan't bother you with my guesses anymore here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburlster View Post
    Datura : It's a real coincidence you should mention Alice in Wonderland! We've been discussing Lewis Carroll this morning on another forum so I just finished reading all about him on Wikipedia.

And your probably right, it's probably imagination. But then if any of it sounds familiar, perhaps its not?

Besides, imagination could involve a lobster in a top hat flying through the air. Not a significant escape from a kitchen to a pond ;-)
    You would be surprised where imagination can carry you. Especially when stimulated and fostered. That is part of being creative, you throw open doors that most people keep locked up, and of course it carries into the night, the thoughts are continued at random.

I always thought that dreams result from housecleaning up there in the brain, while we are sleeping our hard drive in the head gets rearranged, de-fragmented
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datura
    while we are sleeping our hard drive in the head gets rearranged, de-fragmented
    Nice analogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have always liked that analogy. I do believe your right. But then just as sometimes you see things in life (such as orange lobsters) and dream of them, you also feel things you don't notice. You plan things you don't realise. And these are presented in mini-stories.

Well that's my counter-argument :-D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like to think of the mind/brain as a huge cavernous library, with one little clerk(the sub-conscious?) to collect, sort and file everything..
    Last edited by akritic; Aug 15, 2007 at 10:16. Reason: T.Y.P.O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the clerk is a little clumbsy and tends to drop things from time to time, or hand you the wrong file etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburlster View Post
    Only the clerk is a little clumbsy and tends to drop things from time to time, or hand you the wrong file etc
    …and when he gets older, he misplaces things. Also, the stuff he finds suddenly in some dusty corner, almost new, hardly ever used at all.

"What did we learn that one for," scratching his little head.
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ..and sometimes, he just likes to pull out just such a dusty trove, dust it down, and let the happy memories come serendipitously floating back from years hence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    …yes indeed a jolly little guy, sometimes he just rocks in his chair, back and forth, that is when you can not remember a name of a person. Instead of fetching it, he snoozes
    Ulrike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the spirit of drifting, how do you all interpret 'the one'. That is to say, what would your criteria be for someone you believe you could spend your life with?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was never a fan of "the one" theory.

I think believing in that is a good way to go nuts... either with regret or you'd always be restless. Then of course if and when you do find yourself in a relationship you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt if and when it falls apart. "Cold ways is the only ways" as a friend of mine here says ...

I believe that there's types of personalities that go well with other types of personalities, and I believe there's a type for everybody...

But I don't think there's a "ONE"... a one perfect person to live happily ever after with, in a faraway castle, fairies and sugar-plums, bla bla bla... nah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you're absolutely correct. I don't really believe in the 'one' either. But I do believe that there are only a very small percentage of people you get on with so well you could potentially spend the rest of your life with.

But I guess I wanted to get the conversation flowing about relationships because I find them interesting!!