SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer Windows to Macs for a very simple reason - convenience. I got used to the right button on the mouse and easy window-minimizing mechanism on Windows!..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exposé solves your last problem. Why minimizing if you can have an overview of all your programs in less than a second? I really love exposé, it's one of the greatest inventions in the mac UI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why minimize when you can hide a window completely? (cmd+H)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl View Post
    I prefer Windows to Macs for a very simple reason - convenience. I got used to the right button on the mouse and easy window-minimizing mechanism on Windows!..
    Like the right click functionality that has been built into OS X since inception, or the two button mouse (yes Hell has frozen over ... Apple now supplies a two button mouse), or perhaps the doubleclick window title bar to minimize, or cmd+m, the yellow minimize button, or even cmd + h to hide the entire window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm a bit more impressed with Apple than I was the day before.

I went with my dad to help fix some stuff for this lady. Then I noticed she had an Apple. So I just mentioned, "oh, you have an Apple." and she replied with "the only computer to have".

So I think if some lady who's in her 80's can get around with an Apple, they must be doing something right. Now, she did say that she had only used Apples, as she was in the school field, and they were the first things introduced to her. However, still, for 80 years or so, how many people can say the same for Windows?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's my chime in:

For nearly 10 years now I have been a web programmer/designer, entirely working in the Windows Environment. I recently took a job with the newspaper as their lead programmer and they work on Macs. All my life I have been a Mac hater...just like most PC People are. However, I have to laugh now, because within 1 week, I was telling all my colleagues that they have converted me. I can honestly say that for any, and I mean any, development work, computer programming, graphics, etc...you need a Mac. While it takes a little bit of getting used to the new environment, the advantages are endless. The stability, the native Unix shell, the speed, are just a few.

The software debate...well i wont even go there, that has already been discussed.

I can say right now...my next comp will be a Mac

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need a Mac, just like you don't need a PC. As long as the computer you use works and gets the job done, that's what matters.