User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Integrating other scripts into Wordress

I created my own Wordpress theme.

Now I want to integrate the front end of another php script with Wordpress.

I could simply make the templates of both scripts to look the same but I also want some of the elements of Wordpress, like Pages, Categories etc, to appear on the sidebar of the other script (and vice versa).

Any ideas of whats the best way to go about this?

The I's for intelligent silver trophy iTechno's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your script, if it is a common one for instance vBulletin there are a lot of tutorials on how to integrate but if it is an uncommon one, there won't be. So what script is it you're tying to integrate with Wordpress?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it is not a popular one and such tutorials do not exist. It is an events script I am planning to buy. This is why I want some tips on how I should go about it.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Kailash Badu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it is not a popular one and such tutorials do not exist. It is an events script I am planning to buy. This is why I want some tips on how I should go about it.
    It really depends on what kind of script. For some, you can easily create template tags and embed in the themes. For others, you must know a bit of PHP and things like how to write plugins.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

What about if I want some elements of Wordpress, e.g. a list with categories, to be included in a non wordpress page?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom123 View Post
    Thanks.

What about if I want some elements of Wordpress, e.g. a list with categories, to be included in a non wordpress page?
    It may be easiest to write some custom code for the events script to do that. Connect to the WordPress database and pull out the category list and display it by hand, rather than using WordPress functions/tags.