User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Column jumps to right on changing text size

Problem with this site www.kidneydialysis.org.uk

I based this layout on one of Paul's samples, www.pmob.co.uk/temp/2colfixed_5.htm , and it seemed to be working okay in IE6, IE7 and FF. But recently I noticed that the left hand column with the google ads moves its position when I resize the text in firefox, but not in IE6 or 7

As I increase the text size, after a few increases, the google ads column jumps to the right, then on the next resize it jumps back to the left, then to the right and so on. Paul's sample doesn't do this (no ads of course). Any ideas?

I'm aware of a few other little problems, but can live with them, although in IE6 the gap between the menu and the content is much larger than in other browsers. Of course if you see a solution to any distortions of the menu on re-sizing, feel free to point it out...

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Centauri's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem here is that as text size increases, the floated top menu tabs break out the bottom of the <ul>, and the floated left column gets "stuck" on them. A clear on the #inserttop will cure that
    Code:
    #inserttop {
    	position:relative;
    	height:10px;
    	background:#fff;
    	color:#000;
    	border-bottom:2px solid Maroon;
    	clear: both;
    }

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that cured it immediately!

Now all I got to do is sort the way the text on the tabs come out the bottom of the tab and thus disappears on the white background below it. But that only happens as very large text sizes.