SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysql asking for something i got no idea on?

Yes i am a newbie on here, and with php, The past 7 months i have been learning about Html, and php. Well i have been running a phpfox site, Good site i may add. Well, I brought a K-rate script here a few months back, And i am just now installing the k-rate script onto a site domain that i own. Well the installing went fine, But i have found an error that i have no idea where to look for this nor do i know much about php or mysql. I will post the error in a second. This error i get each time i go and update my preferences. Everything else works just when updating the preferences i get this error. I have submitted an ticket for help with Krate, but this was two days ago. And i still haven't heard from them. This is a pretty serious matter cause, I need to get this problem fix, So i can move on to other things that i need to do with the site. Any help would be great.

I have looked in the manual and everything is right. I am not sure why i get this error.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE q_required=1' at line 1
    Failed query: SELECT * FROM WHERE q_required=1
    Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The query is missing a table name. Given it's a 3rd party script, I can imagine some kind of configuration/preference error leading to the table names not being properly defined in the script. Not much I can do to help without seeing all the code though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    The query is missing a table name. Given it's a 3rd party script, I can imagine some kind of configuration/preference error leading to the table names not being properly defined in the script. Not much I can do to help without seeing all the code though.

I can help u with that if u would like to help me out here.. i dont know much about this..have a messnger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at the database tables your script created. You may be able to figure out which one its trying to reference. Then search for the query and add the table name to the code.