SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTTPS redirect to HTTP

I have an online form that processes credit cards. The problem is after the credit card is processed they are redirected using the php header command to the confirmation page. When they do this they get an error messaging stating they are leaving a secure site to a non-secure site and a lot of people are complaining about it.

One thing to note is they go from unsecuredomain.com to securedomain.com to process the credit card then get redirected with the header command from securedomain.com back to unsecuredomain.com. I dont know if that is part of the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Silly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To calm your customers, I'd create a confirmation page on securedomain.com (something to the effect of "Thank you for your order" or somesuch). From there let them click a link that will take them back to unsecuredomain.com.

The problem you're seeing is not one you have any control over whatsoever - it's browsers helping your clients keep their important information (such as credit card numbers) safe. That's not information your clients want being sent in the clear, so their browsers help to remind them when they leave secure sites for non-secure ones. You can't do anything about this, so make it clear to your customers that their credit card information is secure and safe.
    PHP questions? RTFM
    MySQL questions? RTFM