User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist barbara1712's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

setting folder permission

Hello All,

Could anyone please help me to know how do I set the permissions for folder or file.

Thanks
    Barbara

Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically, with most hosting, you would do this via either via your hosting control panel or with your FTP client (often you can right click a file or folder to bring up a permissions editing dialog).

SitePoint Evangelist barbara1712's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

Yeah,but when I right click folder and then click on properties I could not find a permissions.I found only "General,Sharing,web sharing,customize" tabs.
    Any in all the 4 tabs I did not found the way to give the permissions.
    Barbara

Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a webhost right? What does their FAQ say about how to set permissions (this is a question they must have been asked many, many times so they would have a canned response/tutorial already for sure)? You could also type the word "permissions" into the search of the help files that come with your FTP client - I find reading the help usually tells me how to perform basic functions like setting permissions.

I said typically, being I have no idea what software you are using I can't say for sure what you may or may not be seeing (I lack those magic powers at the moment ).

If you are still having trouble after checking out your host's FAQ and your FTP client's help let us know - and what software you are using, specifically, and we can go from there.