User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to start a new project?

Hello Guys,
    I am hired in a company to do an internal project which already exists and needs upgradations.But I am being told to start the application totally new.The existing is in JSP and Java with Beans and MySQL.
    I need someone to guide me as to how and from where do I start my work?
    I have taken the requirements from the people and noted and created documents about it.
    Then I have drawn flowcharts for these requirements and the existing application functions.
    Now i am being told to start with the database...Could anyone please guide me as to hw shld i proceed.?
    thanks in advance,

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be better off asking is question in the JSP and Java section of the forum.

Nadia

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

hi
    i dont think it is a question of JAVA n JSP..
    It is a qns of project.I meant that the perfect model of s/w Project and which SDLC steps to perform and how all together i shld get ahead..
    i have done half database ready..some screens ready..very confused to start with programming...
    what will be the perfect time to start the coding..
    I am working for UK company and whatever u'r position be,u have to do all SDLC stages ...in short i have cover up the whole project.
    please guide..

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which life cycle are you using, and which steps do you think are unnecessary?

An iterative life cycle is best, one that allows you to leave some trivial bits to the next iteration. One that says you should end each iteration with a workable, testable product, even if parts are incomplete. By that I mean a feature either has a stub or is complete, not half written.

Start the database coding after the ERD and attributes are know, after the requirements and associated input screens are known. Reports can be left until later as first you need data going into normalised tables.