SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entering 30 Times!

GRR! What the hell?

Why does people enter one design in a contest 30 times!? Each time they enter it there is one tiny detail changed, sometimes he just fixes a god dang spelling mistake. What is his problem? All he's doing is flooding out all the GOOD entries since his is terrible, and I've seen it 3 times by 3 different people.

I think it definitely needs to friggin stop. Not that i'm holding SitePoint responsible, I mean it's not their fault some people are stupid and don't wait for feedback. I just think i'd be LOVELY if SOMEONE could do SOMETHING about IT.
    Tim Green Designs
    http://www.tgdesigns.8m6.net/port/
    So good, you wont be able to control your lust

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does it matter to you? Can't you ignore them and just focus on your own work? That seems like the easiest solution to the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they enter 20 designs, I enter 1, then they enter 20 more...my design is stuffed somewhere in the middle and it's easy to get overlooked.
    Tim Green Designs
    http://www.tgdesigns.8m6.net/port/
    So good, you wont be able to control your lust

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does have a point, John. It's like with the freelancer sites - people flood the listings with their auto-bids, which drowns out the legitimate bidders, and like here, it tends to cause the legitimate bids (I'm talking about the freelancer sites) to be lost in the background noise.

Something we may want to suggest to SP HQ (if it doesn't exist already) is an option to let contestants modify an existing design by changing the attachment in their existing entry so they don't have to flood the contest with duplicate entries (even if they just have a spelling change).

I know the contest holders mean well (or at least I hope they do), but such a change could really make things a lot easier for both contest holders and entrants alike.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know that stuff doesn't fool me when I hold a contest but maybe I'm the exception to the rule.

There's a new contest system coming so a lot will be changing. In the meantime we'll have to work around it in the meantime.