SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded (was "MYSQL Error")

Hi,

I have a huge database 400mb+ in size which i have exported into a .sql file. I tried to run this export script into a new database and it runs fine until three quarters into the scripts execution and the following error appears:

Code:
    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<br / >
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in <b' at li ne 1
    I believe this error may relate to "delayed_insert_timeout = 300". How do I increase this limit in mysql - maybe it may solve the problem but then again it may not .

Any advice is most gratefully appreciated - As you can imagine if the script runs fine for 3/4 of it and then an error appears, stating the error is on line 1, it will take me days to go through the whole script (hundreds of thousands of rows) to find the error as I assume the error does not reside on line 1 as this line would have been executed.

I am running the script on mysql 5, and via source /path/****.sql on linux.

Regards
    p_h_p

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    split the file in half and load each half separately.

Or export each table separately and then run each table as a separate insert. That will narrow down your error checking a bit.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I had started doing what you said.