SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this is annoying [contests]

It's simply annoying. I've been participating in contests for about 6 months now, and every friggin contest I see, someone always looks at the payment methods offers and asks for another one.

What the heck? The Contest Holder lists what he wants, he shouldn't have to add extra ones because 1 person would prefer Western Union then Paypal.

It's an outrage, don't you think? It really just annoys the hell outta me too.
    Tim Green Designs
    http://www.tgdesigns.8m6.net/port/
    So good, you wont be able to control your lust

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, and I'm speaking as an individual here (so ignore the staff badge), I believe that a person should accept the payment terms as a condition of participating in the contest. Not everyone can use an escrow service or wire transfer, and thus rely on PayPal for a lot of their e-commerce (including paying contest winners).

I know I do, and I don't even use the contests area of the Marketplace.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, and has no bearing on what SitePoint says or does. Just me, in my capacity as a private individual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I know. If I was a CH and people were all "Meh, I don't like paypal very much. Will you accept (other payment method goes here)?? Plz? I promise I'll make the best entry in the whole wide world!" I'd be very angry.

If a designer can't accept the payment methods a designer lists, they shouldn't be aloud to ask them to add payment methods; for the most part it's because a lot of payment methods have fees and such that they of course never mention.
    Tim Green Designs
    http://www.tgdesigns.8m6.net/port/
    So good, you wont be able to control your lust