SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot bizboostdesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few questions about psp7.

ok i have a few questions that i need answering about jasc psp 7. You can answer as many as you like, any help will be appreciated.

1.) What are the differences between psp7 and psp7 anniversary eddition.
    2.) What is the point of layers. How do you use them. How can they help you. And also what is the actually definition of a layer?
    3.) How can you create gratients on text and images. And also how can you make an image gradient in another image. Merge them together.
    4.) You make different parts of an image lighter or darker?
    5.) How can you create a foreground over an image. Eg: have an image of a computer covered in faint squares. So that you can still see the original image but i just looks really cool.
    6.) Around what percentage of effects does the trial version of psp7 show. How much more can you do on the full version?

Ok thats all. I hope that you can help. Also I am thinking of creating a thread of psp techniques. I know that i sound like i am really bad at graphics from what i have asked above but i can create some decent stuff. Anyway, if i did create a thread would anyone consider posting tutorials on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: a few questions about psp7.

Originally posted by bizboostdesign
    [B]ok i have a few questions that i need answering about jasc psp 7. You can answer as many as you like, any help will be appreciated.
    1.) What are the differences between psp7 and psp7 anniversary eddition.
    I think the anniversary edition just has a few minor changes (like v7.01 or somthing)...

2.) What is the point of layers. How do you use them. How can they help you. And also what is the actually definition of a layer?
    Layers are one of the most common tools used when creating graphics, it allows you to change and add elements in any position.

Imagine you have a button with some text on it, now you dont want to re-create that whole button everytime you need some different text on it, with layers, you simply select the 'Text-button' layer and change *only* the text. You can also use these layers to adjust the entire image, say increase the brightness or tones, (meaning it can be adjusted at a a later stage also).

3.) How can you create gratients on text and images. And also how can you make an image gradient in another image. Merge them together.
    When your text is selected (if its rasterized, and not vector), just click the paintbucket tool, then click the small black arrow* on the colour selector (the two large sqaures), then just select the gradiant button from the menu that appears.

*I find a good technique for getting this menu to appear (if you are having trouble with it), is to click and drag your mouse slightly at the same time...

This is known as a pool shadow (you will have to download a filter for this), or you can use some lighting effects (under the 3D menu).

5.) How can you create a foreground over an image. Eg: have an image of a computer covered in faint squares. So that you can still see the original image but i just looks really cool.
    Well, this is where layers come in handy
    • Create a new image (say 5x5 and transparent background).
    • Then add a black line (using the paintbrush tool > size 1, not antialiased) and draw a line at the top and one side.
    • After that, open up your image of your comuter and select the paintbucket tool, then click the black arrow in the colour selector and select "pattern".
    • From the patterns menu, Select the file that contains you 'half' square.
    • Create a new layer (no need to change anything, just click ok).
    • Then fill the layer (using the paintbucket) with your pattern.

6.) Around what percentage of effects does the trial version of psp7 show. How much more can you do on the full version?
    Which effects are you talking about? if you mean the ones under the "effects" menu, I dont belive there are any more in the full version than there are in the trial.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by platinum; Feb 4, 2002 at 17:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: a few questions about psp7.

Originally posted by bizboostdesign
    The trial version of PSP7 is a full working version of the program, the only difference is that it expires after 30 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, you can also use the Retouch Tool in Dodge mode (lightens) and Burn mode (darkens). Set the brush size to 180 or so and the opacity to 10 or 15.

SitePoint Zealot bizboostdesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx, very helpful.