SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Link to a post [was: A very stupid question]

I don't know whether this question should appear in this forum or not but I want to know how can I link a hyperlink to the post corresponding to who has replied before.

Did I make sense?

If not, take an example, Let I post something here as: "What is charset?" and somebody say Dan replied to my topic. Next, I want to reply quoting few of his words and with a hyperlink to his post (which will appear as the button with white arrow with blue background). How do I do that?

I am sorry if this topic should have been posted somewhere else and please help me asap coz everytime I post, I miss that.

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click the "quote" button (bottom left) on that person's post.

And just so you know for next time, you should ask these questions in the Forum Support forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    I don't know whether this question should appear in this forum or not but I want to know how can I link a hyperlink to the post corresponding to who has replied before.

Did I make sense?

If not, take an example, Let I post something here as: "What is charset?" and somebody say Dan replied to my topic. Next, I want to reply quoting few of his words and with a hyperlink to his post (which will appear as the button with white arrow with blue background). How do I do that?

I am sorry if this topic should have been posted somewhere else and please help me asap coz everytime I post, I miss that.
    Click
    FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used, will sell cheap

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to link to a post, you can find the URI in the upper right-hand corner of the post (in the blue border). For instance, this post will have #4. When you right-click on the link most browsers offer a choice to copy the link address.

Then use [url=...]link text[/url] to insert the link.

You can also locate the post number in the link address and use [post=123456]link text[/post].
    Birnam wood is come to Dunsinane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tommy once again!

I got my answer. I knew how to quote. I wanted to know about linking to a particular post (like it is known as named anchor in HTML) which you have answered.

Thanks once again! Cheers