SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I create a hyperlink that loads a frameset with a particular main content page

I have a web site that uses frames for a product catalogue with a LH/Top and main Content frame. The Home page and new products etc are not frame based but I wish to have links to particular products from these non frames pages that load the product pages within the frameset. Can anyone suggest how?
    url is www.innovativemusic.com.au and the frame pages are http://www.innovativemusic.com.au/Products_frame.htm
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    target the frame you wish it to load in? I don't think I'm understanding what you are trying to do. Could you elaborate a bit more? Or maybe just reword it?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy try to make things clearer

I have created each of the product pages at a size to be loaded as part of a FRameset ie: as the main content part of the frame set. If I link to them direct they look all wrong as they should be part of the set ie: LH menu, A top banner and then the content page. The problem is how do I link to the whole frameset but with a particular content page loaded in the frameset. SO if it is a link from the Home page to Product 1 - it loads the whole frameset but with Product 1 details loaded in the central main content frame. If the link is for Product 2 it loads the whole frameset but with Product 2 details loaded in the central main content frame. I know I probably am trying to work around bad design here but I dont really want to redo all the products as there are 100's of them.
    IS that any clearer?