SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I make my badge on my site unbreakable?

Hi guys,

If you take a look at this url

http://www.pixelartists.co.uk/help/help.htm

You will see that i have started constructing a site, but I have got stuck on one element of it and I'm not sure on how to approach it.

This is how I have done it so far...

I have a star ribbon badge located on the page which is split into two sections. Left side is in the left_col div and the right is in the middle_col. Both floated repectfully to join up with the left having a padding applied on the top to go down to meet the badge.

Obv. I didn't cater for when the typography increases in the middle column the right side of the badge will move don't and the badge will become disjointed. (Same if a user changes the text size.)

I think the correct way maybe to use absolute position to locate the graphic but I'm not sure how to do that and not sure if that is the correct or best method to go about doing it.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Tim

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

It depends on what your plans are for the space that the star goes into exactly but the easiest solution is to place the whole star in the middle section and then drag it outside the container using a negative margin (e.g. margin-left:-80px;position:relative). You will need the position;relative for IE to remain visible outside the container.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone ever told you...

Paul has anyone ever told you, that your a beautiful person?

That worked a treat. The height isn't too much of a issue the content is control by a CMS but the character length is going to be fix so it does not break. Thankyou so much

Very Happy.

Tim