SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe Font Folio (Open Type) - Which Fonts Are Actually Useful?

I have the Adobe Font Folio (Open Type) but I don't know where to start. I do a lot of small ads and so I use a lot of small type.

Does anyone know which fonts in this pack are good for small type? Maybe something thick that will look better at a smaller font size.

I've tried going through the fonts by highlighting the font name in the box and using the arrow keys to rifle through them, but as you know, it highlights what's on the page, making it near to impossible to see how the font would actually look if it weren't highlighted.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
    I've tried going through the fonts by highlighting the font name in the box and using the arrow keys to rifle through them, but as you know, it highlights what's on the page, making it near to impossible to see how the font would actually look if it weren't highlighted.
    Are you using Adobe Photoshop? (or most other Adobe products)
    If so, try pressing Ctrl+H when your text is selected. Now just select the font box, and flip through them at your pleasure.

Ctrl+H hides the current selection, so this works for the marquee tool as well. But I find it most useful when working with type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I am using CS2 and thanks for the help. Never even knew that option existed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 1 reply?

Does nobody else have this software?