SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi...got a question..i'm self-taught, or teaching i should say, so bear with me...
    i wan to know how to have another section of your site pop-up basically when the user puts the mouse over a menu item. for example. my button says "resume", then the user goes over it and up pops the resume without the window changing...make sense? please help!

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a javascript that can do that, but i would not recommend using it. People find that kind of script VERY annoying. If you want to find it try going to www.javascripts.com and do a search or browse the categories.

You can have it setup so that when the button that reads "Resumes" is clicked that it opens a new window (can even be a certian height and width) containing the resume. To do it this way make the a href= tag with a target="top" in it pointing to the resume page.

Hope this helps

------------------
    KeithMcL - KMcLUK@aol.com
    http://www.webmasterswork.com - #1 source for web developer jobs online.
    http://www.webdesignreviews.com - Reviews by the experts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Keith, it does. In fact, in dreamweaver I made it do what you said. Now my next question would be, once they get to that new smaller window, can there be a back button or something that would bring them to the home page, the bigger, static browser or do they just have to know to close out and return?
    Thanks so much again!