SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

How do you send emails to people in the using your domain name. For example, I can receive email sent to webmaster@sportsclips.org, but how would I send emails which read in the message from webmaster@sportsclips.org? Is there software for this or a method of configuring a POP mail account.

Thanks

SpM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your webhost should have ample information on the subject...in addition, you should be able to configure your mail client (be it Eudora, Outlook or Hotmail) to customize the "From" address is any basic Options or Preferences area.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead easy Sportsman;

If you have Outlook Express or Outlook, select "tools", "accounts". If you are recieving mail, then you have either already set up an account to go to that PoP3 box, or you have e-mail forwarding to an existing address.

If you already have an account set up for that addy, select it, then select "properties" and change the "e-mail address" and "reply address" options to the desired address.

If you don't have an account and it's just forwarding, make a copy of your prime account, keeping all the details the same, except for those mentioned above.

Hope that helps

H

(if you have netscape, it should be similar, but I'm not 100% sure as I only use the browser for testing)
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

A lot of hosts are now employing POP before SMTP policies to prevent SPAM. If you see that you can't send email for the account with the above configurations, check your mail BEFORE sending mail out.

good luck!