SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to install a wordpress in my subdomain

Recently after my blog got suspended (wordpress), I decided to host the blog. I'm already having a website so can i use its subdomain. Something like blog.domain.com . Is it possible to install the wordpress blog in that subdomain?
    How should i do that? Should i go with the basic template? How to modify all these?

I'm a newbie to all these, so it may be the basic queries. Please do spare a few minutes in answering my queries.

Thanx in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markov View Post
    Recently after my blog got suspended (wordpress), I decided to host the blog. I'm already having a website so can i use its subdomain. Something like blog.domain.com . Is it possible to install the wordpress blog in that subdomain?
    How should i do that? Should i go with the basic template? How to modify all these?

I'm a newbie to all these, so it may be the basic queries. Please do spare a few minutes in answering my queries.

Thanx in advance.
    you could install it in a subdirecotry, i.e. domain.com/blog.... and since you are hosting the blog you could setup a subdomain blog.domain.com and have it redirect it to domain.com/blog.
    As for going the basic template, thats totally up to you if you like it or not, do a google search for "free wordpress themes" for some free themes. Just upload the new theme directory to wp-content/themes and it will be available in the 'Presentation' menu.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

WP install

The codex has a lot of useful information, when you can find it. It may be that you missed this page? http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress