SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Text Editor?

I have a question I need solved regarding text editors.

What I'm looking for when I right my code. Especially inserting long winded paragraphs into my site is a little help in the form of editing.

For instance when I reach the end of the page I want my writing to automatically move to the next line. Instead of me hitting enter to drop it down. You know like if you were writing in Microsoft Word. Also I need an editor that also does spell checking as well (bad typer). The same if you were writing in MS Word.

My current text editor is Notepad and it is not doing these things for me. Any suggestions for an alternate program to use

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EditPlus has spell checker. Don't know about the end of line setting.
    Joe

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search is a wonderful tool.
    I don't know why the mods just don't close these threads. There are already 150 of them this week alone.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost There.

Well I answered my own question with the end of line setting. What I was looking to do was wrap my words to the window. So if anyone has the same problem. Just click Word Wrap under Format option in Menu Bar of Notepad.

As for EditPlus. I appreciate the suggestion but it looks like there is only a trial version. Looking for something how do you say FREE!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do apologize. For a few things. First I did not place post in the correct category. Thanks whoever moved it. Second I did not use the search function. If I had I would of found my answer PSPad. For now this solves both my problems regarding spell check and word wrap. If anyone has a better free option let me know. If no one does then please delete this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post
    ...found my answer PSPad. For now this solves both my problems regarding spell check and word wrap. If anyone has a better free option let me know.
    Give Notepad++ a try as well. I can't say it's better, but I like its quick loading and code collapse. It's also a little helpful if your coding something like PHP, for instance. Press ctrl+space to bring up an extensive list of fuctions and such.