User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is my Wordpress screwed up?

Usually, on all of my other Wordpress blogs, I use the same index.php and copy and paste it to my category.php file. This makes it so that a category page is just like the front page, except that it only displays the category's posts. But, I tried that technique with one of my other sites, and it doesn't work very well.

It SHOULD only show posts in the Hard Drives category, but instead, it shows them all? The code is the exact same as the index.php. But I thought if the loop was in category.php, it would only display the category-specific posts.

I recently upgraded the blog to 2.2, maybe I screwed something up while upgrading?
    Last edited by newblogger; May 22, 2007 at 15:54.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I found the problem, it has something to do with my permalinks. The categories work after I disable my permalinks, but otherwise, it doesn't.

I'm not really sure how to repair it, though. I don't want to be stuck with unfriendly URL's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by newblogger View Post
    Well, I found the problem, it has something to do with my permalinks. The categories work after I disable my permalinks, but otherwise, it doesn't.

I'm not really sure how to repair it, though. I don't want to be stuck with unfriendly URL's.
    What do you mean by disabling permalinks?
    Do you mean that you are using the 'default' permalink structure in Options/Permalinks ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious-- when you upgraded your WordPress installation did you do it from Fantasico?

Q...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the problem. I just had to redo my .htaccess all over. I was messing with a 301 redirect

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we mess up, not Wordpress. Cheers.