SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't Find the Conflict

I have just finished putting together a new menu for our site to deal with problems in IE7 and the menus staying open. Now I have my menu but when I implement it into the full site, when ever you roll out of each element the menu blinks. The working menu can be seen at:

http://www.electriqueboutique.com/topmenutest.asp

this is the exact code that is used if you go to

http://www.electriqueboutique.com/index_test.asp

however if you look at the latter with IE6 then you will see that it blinks as you roll over the menu.

So something must be conflicting with it that is included on this page as well, be it css or js. I just can figure out what it is. You will notice that there are several style sheets. I inherited this site so I don't know what all of these are doing. If anyone off hand knows what could cause this please let me know. Thanks for your time.

SitePoint Wizard drhowarddrfine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not using a proper doctype and IE will go into quirks mode. IE7 has fixed this issue and won't. See my link below. Use html4.01 strict. Then see what happens.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a negative on the 4.01 Strict still same issue with that and a mess of the others I tried for s&g's as well as no Doctype at all. But when using it in the first link where there is no doctype declared it works as it should. ???

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found the conflict

The issue is not in the css. It is in the javaScript files, I will post my question in that forum. Thanks for the help.