SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How important is music to your creative process?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Listening to good music is critical.

26 52.00%
  • It can be a good source of inspiration, but it's not necessary.

16 32.00%
  • I could take it or leave it.

6 12.00%
  • I dislike having music on while I'm working.

2 4.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SPF Lifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand listening to music when I am doing something that requires thought. I like things to be as quiet as possible when designing/coding, to the point where I tell my brother to turn down the sound on the television. When surfing, however, music is sometimes a must.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment i'm learning some programming which means i have to switch of my music as it disturbs my concentration.

But when I'm designing i can't do without some tunes playing and its amazing how it directly effects your style of work.

My favourites are the Cure, Radiohead, Blur and for some wierd stuff I dig out the sugercubes and Cocteau Twins.

qamar

SitePoint Addict kevin_tremblay's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music is a must when coding or any kind of PC work, I am an admin on top of all the other hats I wear and I tell you my music keeps me sane during the days.

Music forever.
    Kevin Tremblay-- Sys Admin
    work: kevin_tremblay@hsgmed.com
    "The object of the journey is not to arrive."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go mental if I had nothing to listen to but the boring tones of my collegues. We've got 7.5gb of mp3 on one of the machines here. A huge selection from the Stereophonics to Elvis, and everything in between. Although the only thing thats gets played at the moment in Linkin Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to listen to music while working or after an interval when I am too bored with the work.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I am the same as five40.... If I am thinking of some code that I need for the script to work and I am thinking very hard, I have to turn the music off. But if I'm just coding in javascript or something simple like that or HTML, music is great. I play music almost all day. During programming and just about everything else.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music plays all the time! If I am doing something familliar, like just HTML or messing with images, I love to have loud music on. But, if I am trying to learn something new, it has to be a quieter type and something without lyrics. It helps get me thinking better than just silence.

I like alot of types - from dance music to opera. (Gotta remember to buy new headphones so I can listen in class )