SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coding a Shopping Cart with Jquery

Has anyone coded a shopping cart using Jquery? If so, would you please share any or all of your code? I'm going to be working on this, and rather than start at step one, I'd love to see what code is already out there so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jQuery will help you with client side stuff (like effects, DOM manipulation, AJAX etc.), but alone, you can't use it to write a shopping cart. You would have to use a server side language like PHP to handle all the transactions, and manage the products.

There are several free / open-source shopping cart systems out there, but I don't know of any off-hand that use jQuery. Though I'm sure that with a bit of hacking, you could get them working together.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, and to clarify: I want to build the clientside part of the script with Jquery so that updates to the cart can be done onblur rather than making the user click a submit button. I can preload the prices and product information into javascript variables so that a page refresh or server call is not necessary. That much I can figure out. But, the rest of the Jquery I need to code.