SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHPSuexec upgrade has me messed up

Hi all!! First ... thanks for reading and helping. My issue...

My host (micfo.com) has upgraded to PHPSuexec and this has caused havoc on my site. It seems I am able to run my personal admin pages that are seated in the main folder, but anything that is in a sub folder is denying me access. It is saying "Sorry, but you do not have access to this Page!". I can move the page.php to the main folder and get it to work somewhat (after modifying the script to reflect the folder change) but it does not properly write to the database even after the move to the main folder.

Also, members of the site can upload .car files to the site (it's a sim racing site) but the few cars that have been uploaded are now being put into the main folder and not in the proper /cars/division folder.

I know the answer is not to modify and move all of my pages to the main folder, but I am not skilled enough to know what to change in order to allow everything to function as it did before the upgrade to PHPSuexec.

Originally a friend wrote all of the code for the entire site. He modified it to be somewhat more streamlined and effective and had everything working quite nicely. Now after the upgrade to PHPSuexec things are in disarray.

My skill level would be considerd noob... I'll look at and follow the coding pretty welll, and can change things if needed but would not know where to start from scratch if I had to. The original coder has not messed with the site in a couple of years and has not coded in php for a while and is not familiar with PHPSuexec. He pointed me here .

Who turned the lights out !! Mandes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way the file system is handled varies a great deal between PHP running under Apache as a module and PHPSuexec.

This article outlines the main differences and should give you something to start on.

https://emaxhosting.com/support/inde...barticleid=411
    A Little Knowledge Is A Very Dangerous Thing.......
    That Makes Me A Lethal Weapon !!!!!!!!

Contract PHP Programming

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

Alll directories are at 755 after the update to PHPSuexec. The files are not, should they be set to 755 as well? Currently they are at 644.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be fine, perhaps you have other issues with the script, do you know if it relies on Register_Globals being switched on?

Perhaps post the script for us to look at.

Contract PHP Programming

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rgeister_Globals is set to ON.

I am able to access my main admin page ok (listed below). It is found in the main directory.

code removed

I get "you must log into the main site first" when trying to access "add/edit driver" (listed below): It is located in a subfolder

code removed

Last edited by -Mitch-; May 12, 2007 at 12:52.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like your not getting the reply from the sql query, this is then giving you your error messages your reporting.

Your script is writen for Global_Variables on by the the looks of it, this is a security risk in itself, the script will only work with this setting, you said that this is set on your new server, I'm slightly suprised that a server running PHPsuexec has Globals ON by default!!

So I'd check the globals is ON for sure, then look at seeing if the database connection is working OK as my first two jobs.

Contract PHP Programming

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set Register_Globals=on in my php.ini. I thought that would correct the issues originally. The database connections is working ok. I tested it using one of the pages in my main folder and was able to update the database without issue. Not sure, but as I mentioned it seems to be the pages that are set inside sub-folders.