SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help in figuring out where to slice

I have always used tables when designing websites and am just now jumping on the bandwagon for CSS. I use Fireworks MX 2004 and Dreamweaver MX 2004 for my preferred tools. I did the tutorial on the Adobe site for building a site in Fireworks, slicing it and building the CSS in Dreamweaver. I did a good job following along and it turned out great. Now I am working on my own site and am stuck as to where to place my slices and then what to do with them. Here is an image of what my site looks like. I have several layers going here and everything is named and in it's own folder for such things as the header, content area, footer, etc. I know with the background I take a piece and not the whole thing. I also do the same with the content area. However, I am having trouble figuring out the logo, jewelry, header, and footer areas. I also want a drop shadow for these three areas and have been looking on this site and others on how to accomplish that. Could someone give me some advice on how to slice this puppy up. After I do that, then I can start working on getting the CSS built and working right. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that the buttons are all separate and the black boxes on the right side of the content area will be for images of jewelry pieces. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess no one is interested in helping me out. Thanks anyway. I will find another forum to see if I can get some help.