SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

want this navbar to span 100%

hi guys,

im having a problem, i have a nav bar here: http://boudaki.com/login.php

now whats happening is that the nav text is spilling on to two and more lines when you resize the browser what i want is the red/pink bar to span 100% of the page and the text not too bunch up on resize...instead i want it to just stay where it is and if the browser is too small the text will disappear......does that make any sense?

I cant figure it but im sure its something stupid! Ive dont too much markup this week! also apologies for inline styles etc.....its the way i work...probably not the best method but i like to work in one file and i tend to code a little sloppily then tidy up after......its like a quick and dirty technique!

thanks for taking a look! happy friday!

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't float the header, float the UL and give the UL a width (about 900px seems about right).
    Alternatively, give the header the same height as the items in the navbar and then give it overflow:hidden.

Note that this is not a particularly brilliant idea because not everyone has the browser window maximised, not everyone has big screens and therefore this will not make it very usable for them (they will not see the content). You're better off leaving it as it is and making it look prettier when the navbar items spill onto a second line (probably best to give the ul that red background colour).

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,

thanks for the reply.Thats it thanks.

Yeah good point about people with small browsers but this is a login page for an internal system for 11 poeple....i know they're all on at least 1024 so its ok

Thanks again for you help raffles

I meant that to happen silver trophybronze trophy Raffles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah OK, in that case it's excusable. And you're welcome.