SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 problems, slowness and dates

my site is http://www.oakball.net/forums and just a few days ago i switched hosts. I've been importing all my MySQL data...the posts have gone in kinda random order (posts 14500-1500, then 1-14499). I haven't entered all the posts yet, but all threads and the rest of the tables have been imported. For some reason the forum has been moving EXTREMELY slow. I can get to the index page quickly and I can get to the Control Panel quickly...but the forums with lots of threads take a looooooooong time to load (if ever). I talked to some people that use XMB (the software i'm using) and they say its a MySQL problem (not server since the rest of the site runs fine).

2nd problem, everyone remember when the unix 1 billion second hit and it caused some problems...this was 9/8/01..well for some reason my forum was especially hit. If i go to "latest threads" it says they are all from 9/8..I thought it was my old host but now that I've switched I get the same problem. Anyone know what to do about this?

Keep in mind I imported data from my old host...this stuff isnt necessarily a problem with XMB...but with the way my MySQL database is configured.

Are you ready for BSD? Marshall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few questions so that we can better assist you...

o What version of MySQL is the server running?
    o What operating system is the server running?
    o What are the hardware specs and hard drive partition layout/mount scheme for the machine?

Also, please post your MySQL configuration file and command-line startup options.