Thread: Boston Red Sox

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston Red Sox

Hey guys... I'm working on a new web project about the Boston Red Sox. I'm trying to find pics of the Red Sox that don't infringe any copyright.
    I asked permission to MLB to use some pics but haven't receive any answer yet! I also contacted Associated Press and they are gonna call me for a license agreement but nothing yet!

I also visited Getty Images but the price their asking for one photo is ridiculous. I tried other searches in other RF sites but nothing good.

So I was wondering. Do someone knows where I can find these kinda pics?
    Any Boston Red Sox fan that is willing to share his/her photos? Do you know any photographer from the area that can help me out?

Thanks for your time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at istockphoto.com - stock photo library, there is not a lot there... about 22 images... some very useful filler pix, but not really any red sox stuff...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_sear...Boston+Red+Sox

Have a look though...
    L8r,

Moose

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iStock will not have these kind of pictures because all the images submitted by users cannot have any logo, trademark, etc plus the photographers have to fill out a form if there's recognizable people on picture.

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLB is very hard to get permission from, and when they do grant it they charge a HIGH license fee.
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys... I was lucky to find some good photographers that granted me permission to use their pictures on my blog.

I wanted to do this the right way, you know! So I even contacted Associated Press (AP) for photos. They wanted to charge me a yearly fee for the use of their pics, which of course I couldn't afford it - too expensive.

What really piss me off is that I have visited other similar blogs and they are using AP photos on their sites. I don't think they are paying any fees for the use of these images. That gives them an unappropiated advantage over my blog.