User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

javasscript screwing up height?

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a quick and dirty site for a client. Well, maybe not so quick because of one small problem. I like to use simple javascript to somewhat protect email from spambots, etc and it seems effective.

The challange that I'm having is with IE 6.(maybe others?) Basically, the page at http://www.corbysimpson.com/clients/...te/contact.php shows the issue. The map is cut off at the bottom 80% of the time (The other 20% IE seems to behave nicely).

If I remove the javascript code, it works perfectly fine. When I put it back in, the container div seems like it gets all messed up.

Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this would work, just an idea.. Make a div <div id="email"></div> and use
    Code:
    document.getElementById("email").innerHTML = aa+g+h+a+c+b+bb+d+f+e+cc;
    innerHTML always works for me, and I set the style with CSS, never messes up for me.
    - the lid is off the maple syrup again!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this as it was a good idea but no go. It just looks the exact same. I tried an onload function in the body tag and a couple other versions too... All of them ended with the exact same results.

Any other suggestions?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use onload event instead of attach it to body onload. or put your script below those divs tag.