SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict MikesBarto2002's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Menu layout problem and text alignment problem

I have two issues with the current website that I am working on.

1. I would like the "Back to Top" links to vertically align with their respective headings to their left, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.
    2. I can't get one of the images in my navbar (Advertising and Sponsorship) to appear. I have validated the HTML and CSS, triple checked my work, and can't figure out why it won't appear. Any advice would be great!

Here is the site...
    http://www.jameswebdevelopment.com/c...ends/index.php

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Apply vertical-align middle to those images. Why do you put the "back to top" links inside the headers?

I suggest you learn how semantics apply to X/HTML. Semantics is really a very important subject when it comes to X/HTML.

2) You have a typo in your stylesheet. "#nnavbarAdvspon a" should be "#navbarAdvspon a".

What happens if a visitor has images disabled in their browser? I use and recommend the Gilder/Levin Method of CSS Image Replacement which uses an empty span element, because it's the method that's still usable with the images disabled and CSS enabled scenario, which to me is more important than the empty span elements.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.