User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embed webpage within RoR App

I am trying to find a way to wrap, or embed, another site within my RoR application. I know this is possible in PHP, and Mambo and Joomla include this functionality as a standard feature in their CMS apps. However, I can't find anything that discusses doing this with Ruby.

Thanks for the help in advance.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'embed' or 'wrap'. If you would like to link to and from a non-RoR page within your rails app I don't see any reason why you can't.

In your rails app there is a 'public' folder for stylesheets, javascript, images etc... There's no reason that I can think of that will prevent you from including web pages of any flavor in that directory and linking to them from your rails app. You would more than likely link in vanilla html inside one of the rhtml views.

Unless you mean something else, it should be easy.
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help, Andrew. After searching for a few hours more, I realized what I was looking for was a simple <iframe> tag. I've always hated frames, so I never even knew this existed. Thanks for suffering my ignorance graciously.